Leeds launches 5 Year Fixed Rate Bond at 3% with 25% penalty free access
Leeds Building Society has unveiled a 5-Year Fixed Rate Bond at 3.00% gross p.a./ AER, which allows penalty free access of up to 25%. This account has a minimum investment of only £100 and a maximum investment of £1,000,000 (£2,000,000 for joint accounts).
Kim Rebecchi, Leeds Building Society Sales & Marketing Director commented, “We know that savers are looking for value and security, and this competitive product at 3% offers the peace of mind of penalty free access to 25% of the funds without notice or penalty. This is in contrast to many other products in the market.
“We expect the combination of a competitive return and penalty free access to be popular, and I would urge savers to act quickly as there is a limited tranche available.”
For more information, customers can call into their local branch, visit the website at www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk or call the savings hotline on 08450 540 995.
Notes to Editors
5 Year Fixed Rate Bond (Issue 3)
- 3.00% gross p.a./ AER fixed until 28th February 2019
- Interest is paid annually on 28th February, commencing 28th February 2015 (and on maturity, 28th February 2019)
- Interest can be added to the account, transferred or paid to another account with the society
- Minimum Investment £100
- Maximum Investment is £1,000,000 (£2,000,000 for joint accounts)
- Additional investments can be made whilst the issue remains available for new investments
- Withdrawals of up to 25% of the capital invested are permitted prior to maturity. No further withdrawals can be made
- Available to open in branch, by post or online and can be transacted on via post and branch
Leeds Building Society has 67 branches throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and assets of £10.8bn (as at 30 June 2013). The Society has operated from the centre of Leeds since 1886.