New market-leading bond from Leeds Building Society for shorter-term savers
An 18 month fixed rate savings bond with a market-leading rate of 2% has been launched by Leeds Building Society.
The bond is available through all channels and can be opened with a minimum balance of £1,000.
"With a market-leading rate, our new bond is sure to be popular with savers," said Jaedon Green, Leeds Building Society's General Manager – Products.
"The 18-month term gives investors more choice if they're seeking a competitive return but don't want to lock away their cash for longer.
"It's a good compromise between the more usual fixed rate bond terms of one and two years."
Up to a maximum of £250,000 can be invested in the 18 month bond and withdrawals are not permitted during the term.
For more information, customers can call into their local branch, visit the website or call the savings hotline on 08450 540 995.
Notes to Editors
18 month Fixed Rate Bond
- 2.00% gross/AER fixed until 31st January 2016.
- Minimum Investment £1,000 per account.
- Maximum investment is £250,000 (£500,000 for joint accounts).
- Interest is paid on maturity (31st January 2016).
- No withdrawals are permitted at any time.
- Available to open in branch, by post and online.
Leeds Building Society has 67 branches throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and assets of £11.2bn (as at 31 December 2013). The Society has operated from the centre of Leeds since 1886.