Market-leading ISA added to Leeds tax free savings portfolio
Leeds Building Society is adding a market-leading four year fixed rate ISA to its portfolio of tax free savings products.
The ISA pays 2.35% tax-free† pa/AER* and is unique in permitting savers access to 25% of their capital investment without penalty during the four year fixed term.
"Our new four year fixed rate ISA offers a market-leading return and complements our existing range of fixed and variable ISAs," said Jaedon Green, Leeds Building Society's Director of Products.
"A four year term can be a good compromise for savers looking for a competitive fixed rate and this ISA offers the unique added benefit of permitting penalty-free access to up to a quarter of your capital during the term."
The new ISA can be opened in branch, by post or online.
For more information, customers can call into their local branch, visit the website at www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk or call the savings hotline on 08450 540 995.
Notes to Editors
Four year fixed rate ISA (Issue 40)
- 2.35% tax-free† pa/AER* fixed until 31st October 2019
- Minimum Investment £100
- Maximum investment for the 2015/2016 tax year is £15,240, less any amount invested in a Stocks and Shares ISA in the same tax year
- Interest paid annually on 31st October, commencing 31st October 2016, and on maturity
- Access permitted to 25% of the capital investment without penalty, 300 days' loss of interest on further withdrawals
- Available to open in branch, by post and online
†Tax-free means that interest payable is exempt from income tax.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Awards won by Leeds Building Society in the past 12 months include the 'Innovation Award (Lenders)' at the Mortgage Finance Gazette Awards 2015, in addition to being named 'Best Intermediary Lender', both for the second consecutive year. The Society also received the award for 'Best Use of Technology (Lenders)'.
Leeds Building Society has 67 branches throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and assets of £12.7bn (as at 30th June 2015). The Society has operated from the centre of Leeds since 1886.