Market leading instant access savings account launched by Leeds Building Society
Leeds Building Society is launching an online instant access account paying a market leading rate of 1.00%.
The Limited Issue Online Saver pays four times the current Bank of England Base Rate, and can be opened with £5,000.
The product is available from Tuesday 6th December, but will only be available for a limited time so savers are urged to act quickly to avoid disappointment.
“Limited Issue Online Saver complements our existing portfolio of savings accounts,” said Jaedon Green, Leeds Building Society’s Director of Products and Distribution.
“It’s an instant access product paying a market leading rate of 1.00%, which represents great value especially when you consider the current average Instant Access Non ISA Rate is 0.49%”
For more information, customers can visit the website at www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk or call the savings hotline on 08450 540 995.
 CACI’s Current Account & Savings Database (CSDB), September 2016, stock data
Notes to Editors
Limited Issue Online Saver
- 1.00% gross/AER on balances from £5,000 to £350,000; if the maximum balance is exceeded the rate reverts to 0.75% gross/AER
- Minimum Investment £5,000
- Maximum investment is £350,000
- Interest is paid on 2nd January 2018 (credited to the account or another account)
- On maturity account reverts to an online instant access account
- Access permitted to 100% of the capital investment without penalty at any time
- Limited Issue Online Saver can be opened and operated online only.
Leeds Building Society won the awards for Best Building Society Savings Provider and Innovation in Personal Finance (Part and part mortgages) at the 2016 Moneyfacts Awards.
The Society also has been named ‘Best Regular Savings Account Provider’ for the second consecutive year by independent consumer advice website Savings Champion.
Leeds Building Society has 62 branches throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and assets of £14.9bn (at 30th June 2016). The Society has operated from the centre of Leeds since 1886.