New easy access online savings account from Leeds
Leeds Building Society is refreshing its variable rate savings range with a new online account paying 1.05%.
The Limited Issue Online Access Account will be launched on Thursday, 2nd February, and permits withdrawals without notice or penalty.
“Our previous limited issue online account proved really popular,” said Richard Fearon, Leeds Building Society’s Chief Commercial Officer.
“We’ve taken the opportunity to replace that account with one offering an even better return, which is more than four times the current Bank Base Rate. We’ve also reduced the minimum balance required to open this account.
“With no movement in the Base Rate expected on Thursday, we know there’s little good news for savers at the moment but in spite of the challenging economic conditions we continue to pay above the market average across our savings range.
“In addition, none of our members receives less than 0.4% on their savings, which is 60% more than the current Base Rate.”
Notes to Editors
Limited Issue Online Access Account
- 1.05% gross/AER variable
- Minimum Investment £1,000
- Maximum investment is £250,000 (£500,000 for joint accounts)
- Interest is paid on 28th February 2018 (credited to the account or another nominated account)
- At maturity on 28th February 2018 the account reverts to an online Instant Access account
- Access is permitted to 100% of the capital investment without penalty at any time
- Limited Issue Online Saver account is opened and operated online only
Leeds Building Society won the awards for Best Building Society Savings Provider and Innovation in Personal Finance (Part and Part Mortgages) at the 2016 Moneyfacts Awards.
Leeds Building Society operates throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and has assets of £14.9bn (at 30th June 2016). The Society’s head office has been based in the centre of Leeds since 1886.