Unique one year ISA launched as Leeds refreshes tax-free savings range
Leeds Building Society has increased the return on its one year fixed rate ISA to 1.05% tax-free† pa/AER*.
The Society also has added the unique extra feature of penalty-free access to a quarter of the savings during the one year term.
The one year ISA is part of a range of fixed rate tax-free savings products offering returns which are among the best on the high street.
“As well as increasing the return on the one year fixed rate ISA, we’ve also included unique penalty-free access to up to 25% of the investment,” said Richard Fearon, Leeds Building Society’s Chief Commercial Officer.
“Even with a shorter-term fixed rate account, we know savers sometimes need urgent or unexpected access to their nest egg before the end of the term so this feature is an added benefit of the new ISA.”
1.05% one year fixed rate access ISA (Issue 94)
- 1.05% tax-free† pa/AER* one year fixed rate ISA
- Minimum Investment £100
- Maximum investment is £20,000 in 2017/18, plus previous years’ ISA subscriptions
- Interest can be added to the account, transferred or paid to another account with the Society
- Fixed end date of 1st July 2018, when the account reverts to a variable rate instant access ISA account
- Withdrawals of up to 25% permitted without notice or loss of interest
- Further withdrawals, transfer or closure permitted subject to 60 days’ loss of interest
- Deposits for the 2017/18 tax year can be made up to and including 30th June 2017
Can be opened online, in branch or by post, and operated in branch or by post.
†Tax-free means that interest payable is exempt from income tax.
*AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Notes to Editors
For further information please contact:
Telephone: 0113 225 7903
Out of Hours: 07769 675330