Leeds cuts rate on market leading 5-year fixed rate mortgage
Leeds Building Society has reduced the rate on its 5-Year Fixed Rate mortgage, available between 70% and 80% loan to value (LTV), by 0.10% to only 3.19%. Furthermore, there is no higher lending charge and 10% capital repayments are allowed each year without penalty.
Kim Rebecchi, Leeds Building Society’s Sales and Marketing Director said, “This is a market leading opportunity for those borrowers looking to lock into the certainty of low fixed repayments. This product combines certainty, at a very affordable rate, with the flexibility of 10% capital repayments each year. The other important factor is that it is also available up to 80% LTV, making it accessible to more borrowers.
“I would urge those customers coming to the end of an existing deal or looking to move home to visit our branches, where we have fully qualified mortgage advisers available on a no appointment necessary basis.”
For more information, customers can call the Society’s mortgage hotline, on 08450 540 994, where qualified mortgage advisors are available 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. Alternatively, they can call into their local branch or apply online at www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk.
Notes to Editors
- 5 Year Fixed Rate up to and including 30 June 2018, 3.19% available from 70% to 80% LTV.
- No Higher Lending Charge.
- 10% capital repayments are allowed each year.
- £199 Booking Fee.
- £800 Completion Fee up to £500,000, 1% over £500,000.
- Tapered early repayment charges of 5% of the amount redeemed in years 1 and 2, 4% in year 3, 3% in year 4 and 2% in year 5.
- No insurance requirements.
Leeds Building Society has assets of £10.3bn (as at 31 December 2012) and 67 branches throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland. The Society has operated from the centre of Leeds since 1886.