Wider choice in two year mortgage deals from Leeds Building Society
Borrowers seeking a short term fixed rate mortgage deal are being offered a wider choice of competitive two year products from Leeds Building Society.
The Society has cut rates on some two year fixed rate deals by up to 0.25%, added benefits such as a free standard valuation to other deals, and introduced a new two year fixed rate mortgage at 65% LTV (loan to value).
Highlights of the improved range include:
- 2.99% two year fixed rate mortgage at 85% LTV with a £999 fee
- 3.29% two year fixed rate mortgage at 85% LTV with a £199 fee, free standard valuation up to £335 and free in-house legal services for remortgages
- 2.74% two year fixed rate mortgage at 80% with a £999 fee and free standard valuation up to £335
- 2.59% two year fixed rate mortgage at 75% with a £999 fee and free standard valuation up to £335
- 2.59% two year fixed rate mortgage at 65% with a £199 fee, free standard valuation up to £335 and free in-house legal services for remortgages
"Short term fixed rates are our most popular mortgages by far and we've reviewed our range of competitive two year deals to offer borrowers an additional range of benefits including low fees, free valuations and free legal services," said Martin Richardson, Leeds Building Society's General Manager – Business Development.
"We've reduced rates where we've been able to and introduced a new 65% LTV product for remortgagors who have more equity in their property or homebuyers with a larger deposit to put down."
Notes to Editors
To discuss a new case with one of our mortgage development team, mortgage introducers should go to www.leedsintroducer.co.uk to find details of their nearest Business Developer contact.
Leeds Building Society has won three awards for innovation so far this year, having been named 'Innovator of the Year' at the Moneywise Magazine Mortgage Awards 2014 for its Welcome Mortgage. This allows borrowers to pay 0% interest for the first few months of their term so they can free up cash to help them settle into their new home.
The Society also scooped the 'Mortgage Innovation Award' and was named 'Most Innovative Personal Finance Provider' at the Moneynet Personal Finance Awards 2014.
Leeds Building Society has 67 branches throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and assets of £11.2bn (as at 31 December 2013). The Society has operated from the centre of Leeds since 1886.