Market-leading savings account added to Leeds online offering
Leeds Building Society will launch a new issue of its popular Online Access Account tomorrow, Wednesday 19th April.
The Limited Issue account pays 1.05% on balances between £1,000 and £250,000, and permits withdrawals without notice or penalty.
“This online-only account is market-leading among high street providers,” said Richard Fearon, Leeds Building Society’s Chief Commercial Officer.
“Penalty-free access, combined with the ability to open and operate it online, makes it particularly convenient for savers seeking an easy access account.
“Our previous limited issue online accounts have been really popular so we’d encourage savers to act quickly to take advantage of this new product.”
Notes to Editors
1.05% Limited Issue Online Access Account (Issue 2)
- 05% gross/AER variable
- Limited issue
- Minimum Investment £1,000
- Maximum investment is £250,000 (£500,000 for joint accounts)
- Interest is paid on 31st May 2018 (credited to the account or another account)
- On maturity on 31st May 2018 the account reverts to an online instant access account
- Access permitted to 100% of the capital investment without penalty at any time
- Limited Issue Online Saver can be opened and operated online only
Leeds Building Society won the awards for Best Building Society Savings Provider and Innovation in Personal Finance (Part and part mortgages) at the 2016 Moneyfacts Awards.
Leeds Building Society operates throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and has assets of £15.9bn (at 31st December 2016). The Society’s head office has been based in the centre of Leeds since 1886.