Leeds launches new 2.30% Regular Saver
Leeds Building Society launches a new Regular Saver product today paying 2.30%.
Regular Saver (Issue 5) offers savers this return with the flexibility to choose when they make deposits, up to a maximum permitted balance which increases by £250 each month.
This means a saver can miss a payment for one month or more and catch up later. They also can make more than one deposit in a month provided they don’t exceed the maximum balance permitted.
“We were founded as a building society to help people to save and have the home they want,” said Richard Fearon, Leeds Building Society’s Chief Commercial Officer.
“It’s important we support a culture of regular saving and our new Regular Saver account offers a rate to encourage members to keep up a longer-term habit of putting away money little and often.
“When we surveyed our members on the most important feature of a savings account, a high proportion wanted flexibility, so we’re giving them the choice of when they want to make deposits to maximise their return.
“Unlike comparable products, our Regular Saver (Issue 5) offers a higher return without the requirement to hold other accounts with us, and it can be opened online.”
The account can be opened in branch, by post or online, and can be operated in branch and by post.
Notes to Editors
Regular Saver (Issue 5)
- 2.30% gross/AER fixed
- Minimum investment £50
- Maximum investment is £3,000 (£3,000 for joint accounts)
- Interest paid on maturity on 2nd July 2018
- Interest can be credited to the account or paid into another account with the Society or elsewhere
- One withdrawal permitted prior to maturity
- On maturity the account defaults into an easy access account
- 0.50% interest if balance exceeds permitted maximum
- Only one account permitted per customer
- Available to open in branch, by post and online
- Can be operated in branch or by post
Leeds Building Society was named Best Building Society Savings Provider in the Moneyfacts Awards for 2017. The Society also won this title in 2016.
Leeds Building Society operates throughout the UK, Gibraltar and Ireland and has assets of £15.9bn (at 31st December 2016). The Society’s head office has been based in the centre of Leeds since 1886.