4 Year Income Bond (Issue 80)
Looking for a rate of interest that will not change and offers a monthly income? Then take a look at our Fixed Rate Income Bond.
Gross‡ p.a./AER† fixed until 1 March 2026.
The term is fixed until 1 March 2026
This might be right for you if...
- You'd like a fixed rate of interest
- You're okay with monthly interest being paid into another account
- You have a lump sum to deposit
Some things to bear in mind...
- You can only access your money after 1 March 2026
- Deposits can only be made up to 28 February 2022
Account Name: 4 Year Income Bond (Issue 80)
What is the interest rate?Monthly Interest
1.30% Gross‡ p.a./AER† fixed until 1 March 2026.
• If the balance falls below £100, the rate of interest that shall apply is 0.05% Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable.
• Interest is calculated daily and paid monthly on the last working day of the month and on maturity (1 March 2026). Depending on what date in the month you deposit your initial funds, you may not receive your first interest payment until the last working day of the following month.
• Monthly Interest must be transferred to either another building society or bank account or to another account held with the Society.
‡Gross means the rate of interest payable before the deduction of income tax at the rate specified by law.
†AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and illustrates what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Can Leeds Building Society change the interest rate?The interest rate on this account is fixed, this means the interest rate paid on your account won’t change during the fixed rate term subject to the minimum balance of £100 being maintained.
What would the estimated balance be after 48 months based on a £1,000 deposit?Assuming that £1,000 is deposited into the account at the time it is opened and no deposits or withdrawals are made then based on an interest rate of 1.30% you will receive an interest payment of £1.08 on the last working day of each month. In accordance with the terms and conditions of the product, the monthly interest payment of £1.08 must be paid away and can’t be paid into the account therefore the overall account balance at the end of the term will be £1,000.
This projection is provided for illustrative purposes only and will depend on the individual circumstances of each customer.
How do I open and manage my account?Eligibility:
• The account is available to individuals aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
• The account cannot be opened by corporate bodies, trustees, executors, nominees or charities.
• The account is limited to one account per customer.
How to open the account:
• The account can be opened through any of our branches, via our website www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk or by post.
• If you currently have an existing Leeds Building Society account it may be possible to transfer your funds, subject to your existing product terms and conditions and the product terms and conditions of this account. Please check with us to see whether this is possible.
Operating the account:
• Minimum operating balance: £100. The minimum operating balance is required to open the account.
• Maximum operating balance: £1,000,000, £2,000,000 for joint accounts.
• The account can be operated in branch or by post. You will also be able to carry out some operations by telephone and online, where you have registered for online services.
• Where the account is operated by post, the Society will aim to deal with all transactions within two working days of receipt of a request. However, the Society cannot be held responsible for delays due to unforeseen circumstances and postal delays.
Can I withdraw money?Withdrawals:
No withdrawals are permitted until the day after maturity (2 March 2026).
The account will mature at midnight on 1 March 2026. On the day after maturity 2 March 2026, your funds will be automatically transferred to an instant access maturity account, unless you provide alternative instructions. Full details including terms and conditions will be provided before maturity.
Additional InformationAccount closure:
You can’t close your account until the day after maturity (2 March 2026).
The account is limited issue. Once the account is open, you can make deposits up to and including 28 February 2022.
Interest is paid gross, without the deduction of income tax. Payment of gross interest does not mean that interest you receive is exempt from tax. The tax treatment depends on the individual circumstances of each customer and may be subject to change in the future. It is your responsibility to seek independent tax advice.