Leeds Building Society only accepts mortgage applications from intermediaries where they are providing an advised sales service, with the exception of Buy to Let & Holiday Let applications. It is the responsibility of the intermediary to ensure that all applicable law including, without limitation, the Financial Conduct Authority rules on advised mortgage sales are complied with including, without limitation, the provision of adequate explanations.
Right To Buy Mortgages
Right to Buy is a government backed mortgage scheme designed to help your client buy the home they currently rent at a discounted price. We are supporting Right to Buy with a range of mortgages.
If your client is interested in the mortgage scheme they will need to contact their landlord to find out if they qualify. We will require a Right to Buy document confirming eligibility and discounted purchase price.
Why choose Leeds?
- Right to Buy lending is available for up to 100% of the borrowers discounted purchase price
- We will lend up to 75% of the property value for the purpose of home improvements, subject to the borrower obtaining a letter/deed of postponement from the landlord confirming ranking agreement
Cashback 5 Year Right to Buy Fixed Rate Mortgage - No Fee
RATES CORRECT AS AT 27 november 2018
|Initial rate fixed up to and inc. 31/01/24||Then the Society's SVR thereafter, (currently)||Overall cost for comparison (APRC)||Max LTV||Product Fee||
|Max loan amount £1,000,000 / Min loan amount £50,000 / £1,000 Cashback upon completion
A mortgage of £100,000.00 payable over 25 years initially on a fixed rate for 5 years at 3.24% and then on our current Standard Variable Rate of 5.69% (variable) for the remaining 20 years would require 60 monthly payments of £486.38 and 240 monthly payments of £599.47.
The total amount payable would be £173,089.25 made up of the loan amount plus interest of £73,054.25 and application fee £0, product fee £0, valuation fee £0.
The overall cost for comparison is 4.8% APRC representative.
This representative example assumes a mortgage completion date on the 1st day of a calendar month.
The above representative example is for illustration purposes only and may vary depending on your personal circumstances.
Unless otherwise indicated, these products are only available for house purchases or for customers remortgaging from another lender. A product fee is payable on application but is refundable should the mortgage not complete. A mortgage exit fee of £199 will apply.
- 10% capital repayments are allowed each year without incurring an Early Repayment Charge.
- Tapered Early Repayment Charges apply up to and including 31 January 2024.
- Interest calculated daily.
- Maximum loan size £1,000,000.
- Minimum loan size £50,000.
- These products are not available to interest only applications.
We have developed a set of short, easy-to-use guides to our criteria.
View our criteria guides »
Please contact your nearest Development Manager. Find your nearest Development Manager »