The information on this page is correct as of 28/10/2021
We're here to help. You can find a variety of useful information below.
- Are mortgage payment holidays available?
- What are your current lending criteria?
- Stamp duty threshold information
- Are you accepting furlough income?
- Are you providing offer extensions?
- Can I still speak to someone and how do I get in touch?
We're unable to accept any new applications for mortgage payment holidays, as the Government has now closed the scheme.
To find out more please visit our dedicated mortgage payment holiday page.
You can find the latest information on our lending criteria for all our product ranges in our criteria guide.
The stamp duty holiday has now come to an end.
The stamp duty threshold in England and Northern Ireland is £125,000. For first time buyers, no stamp duty is paid on the first £300,000 of a main residential property.
If your client is buying their main home in Wales, the threshold for Land Transaction Tax is £180,000, including for first time buyers.
In Scotland, the threshold for Land and Buildings Transaction Tax is the standard £145,000. The threshold for first time buyers is £175,000.
When calculating affordability, we aren't taking furlough income into consideration for applications.
We can now offer an additional six month extension at the end of your customer's current offer period.
What you need to know
- Two weeks before offer expiration, you should send a new offer extension declaration along with your customer's latest payslip and bank statement
- The case will be re-assessed and credit checked
- No further valuation is needed as the one from the original extension is still valid
- Criteria from the point of the first offer will still be used
To apply, use our offer extension declaration.
In line with industry guidance, if a customer's circumstances change during this extended period or the terms of the house purchase change significantly, so that continuing with the mortgage would cause house buyers to face financial hardship, lenders will work with customers to help them manage their finances as a matter of urgency.
UK Finance, The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Our team is on hand to support you with anything we can do to help.
- Contact your dedicated BDM
- Use our Broker chat facility
- You can contact our Mortgage Service Desk for case updates on 03458 58 00 61
- Monday to Friday – 9am-4.30pm
- Saturday and Sunday – Closed