Limited Issue Online Access Account (Issue 55)
A straightforward and flexible way to save that lets you make top-ups and withdrawals as you go. This one also allows you to manage your money conveniently online.
Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable until 31 March 2025.
The term is fixed until 31 March 2025
This might be right for you if...
- You want access to your money at any time
- You'd prefer to manage your savings online
- You have at least £1,000 to deposit
Some things to bear in mind...
- Interest rates can go down as well as up
- This account matures on 31 March 2025
Account Name: Limited Issue Online Access Account (Issue 55)
What is the interest rate?Annual Interest
5.10% Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable until 31 March 2025.
• If the balance falls below £1,000, the rate of interest will be 0.05% Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable.
• Interest is calculated daily and paid on maturity (31 March 2025).
• Interest can be credited to the account or transferred to another building society/bank account or to another account that you have with us.
‡Gross means the rate of interest payable before the income tax has been taken off.
†AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and this is what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Can Leeds Building Society change the interest rate?The interest rate on this account is variable. This means that we can change the interest rate.
For further information on how we can change the interest rate and how much notice we need to provide you with, please see our ‘General Conditions’, condition 14 ‘Our right to change interest rates’ and condition 15 ‘Letting you know about changes to interest rates’.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?If you deposit £1,000 in your account at the time it is opened and it earns an interest rate of 5.10%, after 12 months you will receive an interest payment of £51. The total estimated balance in your account will be £1,051. This assumes that:
• You don’t make any further deposits,
• You don’t make any withdrawals and,
• The interest is paid annually and added to the account.
This projection is only an illustration and will depend on your individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?Eligibility:
• The account is available to anyone aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
• The account cannot be opened by corporate bodies, trustees, executors, nominees or charities.
• You are only allowed one account per customer.
How to open the account:
• The account can be opened online via our website www.leedsbuildingsociety.co.uk.
• If you currently have an existing Leeds Building Society account it may be possible to transfer your funds, subject to your existing product terms and conditions and the product terms and conditions of this account allow. Please check with us to see whether this is possible.
Operating the account:
• Minimum operating balance: £1,000. The minimum operating balance is required to open the account.
• Maximum balance: £1,000,000, £2,000,000 for joint accounts, plus any interest earned and credited to the account.
• The account can only be operated online through our website.
• Cash/cheque deposits are not allowed except for your initial deposit, which may be made by cheque.
• When money is paid into your account, provided the payment is received by us between 7am and 7pm, you will be able to withdraw the funds that day.
• Withdrawals to your Nominated Accounts made before 8pm on a working day will be made available to the payee the next working day. For more information on Nominated Accounts please see the Definitions section in our General Conditions.
Can I withdraw money?Withdrawals:
• Unlimited withdrawals can be made to your Nominated Accounts without notice or loss of interest as long as the minimum operating balance of £1,000 is maintained.
• If the balance falls below £1,000, the rate of interest will be 0.05% Tax free§ p.a./AER† variable.
• Cash/cheque withdrawals are not allowed.
The account will mature at midnight on 31 March 2025.
On the day after maturity (1 April 2025), your money including interest will be automatically transferred to an online instant access maturity account, unless you provide alternative instructions. Full details including terms and conditions will be provided before maturity.
Additional InformationAccount closure:
You can close your account at any time without notice or loss of interest. Interest will be paid immediately and up to the date that your account is closed.
The account may be closed for further deposits at any time. We will give you a minimum of 30 days’ notice in writing and after this you will not be able to deposit any further money.
Interest is paid gross, which means before income tax has been taken off. Payment of gross interest does not mean that interest you receive will be exempt from tax. How the tax is treated will depend on your individual circumstances of each customer and may be change in the future. It is up to you to take independent tax advice.