Make a mortgage payment
You can make mortgage payments over the phone, using your online banking or by visiting one of our branches.
For phone payments, there’s a payment limit of up to £100,000.
Please remember to check your terms and conditions, if you’re making an overpayment above your monthly mortgage repayment, as there may be conditions, fees or early repayment charges. If you’re wanting to fully repay your mortgage, you’ll need to contact us first for a redemption statement prepared to the date you are looking to settle.
Over the phone
You can now make a payment 24 hours a day by simply calling our Secure Automated Payment line on: 03300 081 604
What you’ll need:
- You’ll need your 10-digit mortgage account number (ending in 80)
- The postcode of the property on your account (the one you’re making a payment against)
- The debit card you wish to make the payment from
Other ways you can use our mortgage payment service:
- Payments against Fees (e.g. Product Transfer Fees or CHAPS fees)
- Lump sum capital payments (which will be processed as a capital payment and we’ll confirm your new monthly payment in writing)
- Overpayments (over and above standard monthly amount)
- Any outstanding arrears
If you’ve got online banking, it’s easy to make mortgage payments online. Use the following details:
Sort code: 40-64-38
Account number: The first 8 numbers of your existing 10 digit mortgage account number
You can find your mortgage account number in your annual statement or by logging into your account online. If you’ve received letters from us recently, it could also be in there.
Reference: You can choose your own reference
We now use Confirmation of Payee (CoP) which means your details will go through a name checking service when you send money to a Leeds Building Society account. This helps prevent misdirected payments and potential fraud meaning you’re more protected when making payments. Find out more about Confirmation of Payee.