Five Access Saver
A straightforward way to save that also gives you the option to make a set number of withdrawals throughout the year.
Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable.
The maximum balance is £1,000,000 (£2,000,000 for joint accounts) including accrued interest.
This might be right for you if...
- You don't need to dip into your savings often
- You'd like to top up your savings as you go
- You have at least £1,000 to deposit
- You'd prefer to run the account in-branch or by post
Some things to bear in mind...
- Interest rates can go down as well as up
- Withdrawals are limited to 5 each year without loss of interest (including account closure)
- You can't open this account online
- Minimum account balance of £1,000
Account Name: Five Access Saver
What is the interest rate?Annual Interest
4.15% Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable.
• The maximum amount you can invest is £1,000,000 (£2,000,000 for joint accounts) including any interest that you have earned on the account, which will be credited to the account.
• If the balance falls below £1,000, the rate of interest that applies is 0.05% Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable.
• Interest is calculated daily and paid annually on 31 March.
• Interest can be credited to the account or transferred to another building society/bank account or to another account that you have with us.
‡Gross means the rate of interest payable before income tax has been taken off.
†AER stands for Annual Equivalent Rate and this is what the interest rate would be if interest was paid and added each year.
Can Leeds Building Society change the interest rate?The interest rate on this account is variable. This means that we can change the interest rate. For further information on how we can change the interest rate and how much notice we need to provide you with, please see our General Conditions, condition 14 ‘Our right to change interest rates’ and condition 15 ‘Letting you know about changes to interest rates’.
What would the estimated balance be after 12 months based on a £1,000 deposit?If you deposit £1,000 in your account at the time it is opened and it earns an interest rate of 4.15%, after 12 months you will receive an interest payment of £41.50. The total estimated balance in your account will be £1,041.50. This assumes that:
• You don’t make any further deposits,
• You don’t make any withdrawals and,
• The interest is paid annually and added to the account.
This projection is only an illustration and will depend on your individual circumstances.
How do I open and manage my account?Eligibility:
• The account is available to anyone aged 18 or over who are resident in the UK.
• The account cannot be opened by corporate bodies, trustees, executors, nominees or charities.
• · You are only allowed one account per customer, including joint accounts.
How to open the account:
• The account can be opened through any of our branches or by post.
• If you currently have an existing Leeds Building Society account you may be able to transfer your funds, as long as your existing product terms and conditions and the product terms and conditions of this account allow. Please check with us to see whether this is possible.
Operating the account:
• Minimum operating balance: £1,000. The minimum operating balance is required to open the account.
• Maximum balance: £1,000,000, £2,000,000 for joint accounts, plus any interest earned and credited to the account.
• The account can be operated in branch or by post. You will also be able to carry out some operations by telephone and online, where you have registered for online services.
• Where the account is operated by post, the Society will aim to deal with all transactions within two working days of receiving your request. We can’t be held responsible for delays due to unforeseen circumstances and postal delays.
Can I withdraw money?• Access is limited to 5 withdrawals each calendar year. This includes account closure without notice or loss of interest, as long as the minimum operating balance of £1,000 is maintained.
• If you make any further withdrawals including account closure, there will be 30 days’ loss of interest on an equivalent amount to that withdrawn. This means that you might get back less than you originally deposited into your account.
• If the balance in your account falls below £1,000 the rate of interest will be 0.05% Gross‡ p.a./AER† variable.
• You can make withdrawals from your account by:
o cash up to a maximum of £300 in branch each day. You will need to provide 48 hours’ notice if you require more than this amount up to a maximum of £1,000;
o internal transfer to another Society account; or
o electronic payment as defined in the Definitions section in our General Conditions.
Additional InformationAccount closure:
You can close your account at any time without loss of interest as long as you haven’t exceeded the maximum number of withdrawals.
If the maximum number of withdrawals allowed has been exceeded you can close the account at any time but there will be 30 days’ loss of interest on an equivalent amount to that withdrawn/transferred. This means that you might get back less than you originally deposited into your account.
Interest will be paid immediately and up to the date that your account is closed.
The account may be closed for further deposits at any time. We will give you a minimum of 30 days’ notice in writing and after this you will not be able to deposit any further money.
Interest is paid gross which means before the income tax has been taken off. Payment of gross interest does not mean that the interest you receive will be exempt from tax. How the tax is treated will depend on your individual circumstances and may change in the future. It is up to you to take independent tax advice.