Thanks to you, we’re now four stars!
A big thanks to all those who voted for us in the Financial Adviser Service Awards. You’ve helped us reach a fantastic four stars – but we’re not stopping there…
We’re working towards getting even better.
We’ve got a lot to shout about across all the categories the Financial Adviser Service Awards cover.
New business processing
- We’ve moved to a soft footprint on decision in principles
- We’ve made application-to-offer faster by underwriting applications as they arrive, not waiting until all documents have been received
- We’ve helped borrowers through delays by introducing the option to extend the offer validity beyond the original 6 months
- We’ve made auto verification for ID and income more commonplace, so we’ll ask you for fewer documents in these cases
- Our underwriters now call you to discuss the more complex cases
- Our Internal Satisfaction Survey* tells us you’re happy with our service, with an overall satisfaction score of 86% in 2018 rising to 88% in 2019
- We introduced Intermediary TalkingPoint, an online forum for intermediaries to have their say on how we work together and have the chance to earn amazon vouchers
- We launched our small & large Houses in Multiple Occupation range, showing our commitment to product innovation
- We were the first national high street lender to enter the Retirement Interest Only market and we’ve improved our proposition to now accept drawdown pensions and self-invested personal pensions (SIPPs) as acceptable income
- We’ve improved our BTL proposition to now support lending of up to 80% LTV
- So you can cater to the differing needs of your clients, we’ve been supporting a range of segments, for example Shared Ownership, Buy to Let and Interest Only
- Our Broker Chat facility was introduced so our team are more accessible than ever to answer your new business enquiries
- We launched our online product transfer service. So for eligible cases, you can move your client to their next great deal quickly and easily, and we now pay a procuration fee for all completed cases
We’ve some exciting plans in the pipeline that will help us deliver even higher levels of support and choice for intermediaries.
- A new online platform will offer a more streamlined approach to mortgage applications
- We’ll continue to provide innovative product solutions to niche markets
- We’ll remain focused on enhancing our intermediary proposition and service levels
- A new way of sending emails will provide easier access to a number of key communications, saving time and speeding up the process
Martese Carton, Leeds Building Society’s Head of Intermediary Distribution, said: “Through an ongoing investment in technology and service, we aim to build on our long-standing commitment to intermediaries with a market-leading proposition.”
*Leeds Building Society’s Internal Satisfaction Survey goes out by email to Intermediaries when their client’s mortgage application reaches the offer stage. It went to 22,523 intermediaries in 2018 and, so far in 2019, the survey has gone out to 17,553 (figure accurate up to 31st October 2019). It asks for feedback on service, response times, submission process and why intermediaries choose Leeds Building Society.