2020: the year at a glance
While 2020 was a year unlike any other, one thing did remain unchanged: our commitment to members, communities and the environment. Here are just some of the highlights.
- 23,000 new savings members joined us
- Retained Fairer Finance Gold Ribbon for a third year
- £82.8 million annual benefit to savers*
- We helped 26,250 more people have the home they want
- We supported 27,500 members through mortgage payment holidays (also known as mortgage payment deferrals)
- 'What Mortgage' Best Shared Ownership Mortgage Lender 2016 - 2020
Charity and community
- £150,000 raised for Dementia UK in 9 months
- £148,000 Leeds Building Society Foundation donations to 163 charities
- More than 1,700 volunteering hours invested by our colleagues
- We've purchased 100% renewable energy in all branches and offices
- The Carbon Trust Standard certified since 2018
- 97% waste diverted from landfill in creating our new head office
Putting your future first
Our purpose is to help you save and have the home you want. It's at the forefront of every decision we make, so your money is always in safe hands.
Our focus is on you
As your world changes, it's vital we do too. We actively listen, so we can better understand your needs of today and anticipate those of tomorrow.
Doing the right thing
It's our duty to act in your best interests. Our choices place fairness, transparency and good ethical practice at the centre of everything we do.
Positive change in communities
We work to support the charities and good causes you care about most – from the vital roles of smaller, local organisations, to those making a difference across the nation.